Find relief from your sunburn with these five soothing products!
Summer weather and lots of sunshine unfortunately yields sunburns for many of our customers. Exposure to the sun can damage not only your skin, but the experience can also be very painful. We have a few products to share with you that will hopefully help you find some relief.
- SPRAYS – It is nice having an option to spray on when your burn is especially painful. We have several options that will help cool and soothe sunburn. Our alcohol-free Hand Sanitizers contain aloe and zero alcohol (our Lavender Hand Sanitizer is especially great for burns). Our Sage or Relax Toners will help calm and cool the skin as well soothe inflammation and redness. Spritz on any of these sprays several times throughout the day; you can even keep one in the refrigerator for extra cooling power.
- LOTION BARS – Use any of our Lotion Bars that contain lavender essential oil – even our Sunscreen lotion bar! Staying moisturized is very important after a sunburn, and the lotion bars provide excellent, lasting hydration. Make sure you apply them several times throughout the day for the best results!
- SOAPS – Even with a sunburn, you still need to stay clean, so why not grab a soothing bar of soap? Cucumber is very calming and cooling, so try our summer Cucumber Mint From Scratch Soap. And, once again, anything with lavender is going to be helpful as well. Try our Lavender Square Bar or our Coconut Oil Lavender From Scratch Soap.
- BATH BOMBS – Moisturize AND lessen the pain in one step, all without having to touch your skin! Epsom salt is known to soothe inflammation and pain, and that includes inflammation and pain from sunburn. The olive oil in our bath bombs will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and hydrated instead of dry. Choose from full-sized Bath Bombs or our set of four Mini Bath Bombs. Read more benefits on the blog.
- BALMS – Last but not least, it is important that your skin repair itself after a burn. Using a Balm can give damaged skin an extra dose of TLC, especially skin that has been sunburned. Some of the best options for treating burns are Lanolin, Lanolin & Lavender, Lavender, and if the skin gets itchy, Jewelweed. Lavender and Jewelweed are also available in a Balm Stick for convenient application. Our CBD Balm is another great option to consider; the addition of THC-free CBD oil takes skin repair to the next level. No matter which balm you choose, make sure you are reapplying several times a day.
BONUS: Kaolin Clay Paste has not come out yet for the summer, but when it does, be sure to stock up! Read more about Kaolin Clay Paste and how it can help your sunburn on the blog.