Did you know that we sell a natural Bug Spray?
HD uses no harsh chemicals or even preservatives; instead we harness the power of essential oils. This means our spray is safe for kids AND pets!
In addition to the essential oils, the only other two ingredients are distilled water and vegetable glycerin. Distilled water is better for your skin because it doesn’t strip your skin of moisture the way chlorinated city water. Glycerin is both moisturizing and helps to draw moisture into your skin. It also forms a protective layer that can hold moisture in your skin.
Here are the essential oils that power Bug Spray and the pests they help keep away:
- Lavender repels moths, fleas, flies, and mosquitoes.
- Geranium, especially mixed with its cousins lemongrass and/or lemon eucalyptus oil, creates a more potent and long-lasting insect repellent. Citronella is a naturally occurring oil in geranium plants.
- Cedarwood works to kill and repel pests like fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, ants, mites and more. Most bugs are extremely sensitive to moisture loss, which is bad news for bugs that come into contact with cedarwood oil.
- Lemon eucalyptus is effective against mosquitoes and ticks, and as mentioned above, pairs well with geranium for longer effectiveness. It evaporates more slowly than most essential oils and will last for several hours.
- Peppermint keeps most pests away because bugs find the scent incredibly offensive! It is effective against ants, spiders, aphids, beetles, caterpillars, fleas, flies, lice, mice and moths. And, especially when mixed with other oils, peppermint helps keep the ticks away!
If you love our Bug Spray, don’t forget that we also use the blend in a Lotion Bar and that is also available as an Essential Oil. If you haven’t tried it yet, this is definitely a product you want to add to your cart.