How much do you know about our alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer?
Triclosan is a common ingredient in many drugstore hand sanitizers, but did you know that triclosan is actually banned in some countries and that it can cause nasty side effects?! One of the major issues with triclosan is that it can make bacteria resistant to antibiotics. This means that you may actually be lowering your resistance to germs by using hand sanitizers that kill good bacteria. Additionally, the alcohol in hand sanitizers can damage your skin, and other chemicals in hand sanitizers can accelerate the aging process, which is what we are trying to avoid here at HD Soap!
So what can we do about it?? Let’s look at some of the powerful ingredients in our hand sanitizer:
Witch Hazel is an astringent, which fights bacteria and dissolves dirt.
Aloe Vera helps treat minor microbial, fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
Essential Oils (either our Purify blend, tea tree, lavender, or lemon!) naturally fight bacteria!
Altogether, all of these ingredients are powerful at fighting the bad bacteria we come in contact with.
The hand sanitizers also feature another ingredient: Vegetable Glycerin. This acts as a preservative, but it also moisturizes! All in all, the hand sanitizer is great for your skin in so many ways.
Don’t let the name fool you, though; HD’s Hand Sanitizers are also multi-purpose! Here are some of our favorite uses:
- Facial toner
- A light face moisturizer
- Spray on yourself, or even a pillow, as a calming spray (lavender)
- Relieve pain from burns and wounds (lavender)
- Fight lice – or use preventatively (tea tree)
- Clean your picnic table or other public space
- Spray on grocery carts before using them
- Can help with a flaky scalp (tea tree)
- Spritz on bug bites (tea tree or lavender)
- Spray on sunburn (lavender)
- Soothe and calm cuts, scrapes, rashes, or itchy skin (lavender)
What are your favorite ways to use HD Hand Sanitizer?