The HD Soap Lotion Bar is a solid lotion made of natural ingredients. Our lotion bars are free from the potentially hazardous chemicals found in commercial lotion products. The HD Soap Lotion Bar can help with dry skin, flaky skin, red skin, painful skin irritations, allergies, sunburns, or itchy skin.
Moisturizing is one of the most important ways you can help control and help soothe dry, itchy, red, crusty, and inflamed skin. People with these skin issues have a damaged skin barrier, which makes their skin more sensitive to irritants, allergens, bacteria, and other invaders.
HOW DO THE INGREDIENTS IN LOTION BARS HELP?
All of HD Soap’s Lotion Bars contain coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax. Coconut oil and shea butter are natural emollients. Emollients help skin to feel more comfortable and less itchy. They keep the skin moist and flexible, helping to prevent cracks. Beeswax is a natural humectant. A humectant bonds with water and locks in other ingredients and moisture. When this happens, a skin condition can start to get better!
HD Soap offers a variety of lotion bars in our fragrance oils and exclusive essential oil blends. These oils not only smell great, but also offer you the added benefits associated with these essential oils:
- BALANCE: blood orange, patchouli, ginger root; grounding and energizing at the same time
- CLEAR YOUR MIND: lavender, lime, peppermint; breathe in the calm to refresh your mind
- SNIFFLES: eucalyptus, peppermint, fir; cool and fresh for those days you have the sniffles
- SWEET CITRUS: grapefruit, lemon, lime; sweet, fresh, and uplifting
Our options for Lotion Bars scented with fragrance oil vary throughout the year. Currently, we have SUNFLOWER and BOUQUET available, and this fall we will bring back our CRANBERRY & CURRENTS as well! We also offer the ORIGINAL Lotion Bar for customers who want intense moisturizing with no added scent.
Additionally, we carry lotion bars that offer sun protection (approximately 20-30 SPF):
- BUG BAR: A safe way to keep those bugs at bay AND protect your skin from the sun! Zinc oxide offers sun protection, and the combination of oils used in this product is magnificent; you will love this combination of lavender, geranium, cedarwood, and lemon eucalyptus essential oils.
- SUNSCREEN and UNSCENTED SUNSCREEN: These need to be applied approximately every two hours when you are outside at the beach or playing at the park. There is truly no such thing as a waterproof sunscreen, so please be conscientious. Both HD Soap sunscreen formulas utilize zinc oxide, and you will find lavender essential oil in the Sunscreen Lotion Bar.
HOW DO YOU USE A LOTION BAR?
For customers who like to hold the bar, a little DIY is required. To pop the bar out of its tin, use a knife to score around the inside edge of the tin. Put the container in the freezer for about 20 minutes. When the bar is cold, tap it on the counter, and it should pop right out. Allow it to return to room temperature for use.
You can also just place your fingers into the balm, grab a piece out, and allow your body heat to melt it. These bars will soak into your skin so nicely.
The best time to apply moisturizer is when your pores are open, either in the shower or bath, or just out after bathing. This allows the lotion to deeply penetrate skin as well as seal and protect skin throughout the day.
These lotion bars will last a while because you only need a little bit each time. However, it is very important to apply these to your skin two to three times a day when needed.
Don’t forget, all orders over $50 ship for free using FREESHIPJULY at checkout!