Shea butter is in a lot of our products, including most of our From Scratch soaps, our Beard Balm, the Morning Mix lippy, and all of our lotion bars,deodorants, and body butters. In fact, we currently go through 110 pounds PER MONTH (and during butter season, it will be THREE TIMES that amount!).
According to Wikipedia, “Shea butter is a fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree. It is usually ivory in color when raw, with more processed versions being white in color. It is widely used in cosmetics as a moisturizer, salve or lotion.” Shea butter has a long shelf life without the use of preservatives, as it lasts 12-24 months! It is also loaded with Vitamin F (or fatty acids) and is amazing for your skin, lips, beard, feet, hair, and more.
Need more reasons to fall in love with shea butter? Here are a few:
- Shea butter is highly moisturizing
- Said to reduce inflammation
- Soothes irritated skin from minor rashes, including diaper rash
- Protects your lips from cold, dry weather
- Helps with sore, raw noses during a cold or flu
- May be used on scars to naturally repair collagen
- Applied to eyelids before applying makeup to make it last longer
- Keeps your scalp moisturized and nourished with fats and vitamins to promote healthy hair growth
- Replenishes your skin after sun exposure
- Improves skin elasticity (some even say it helps with cellulite!)
- Absorbs quickly into the skin to start working faster
- Assists in helping skin look and feel younger
- Soothes skin from irritations like eczema
- Apply to hair as a sealant to hold in moisture and increase softness
- May reduce the appearance of redness and scarring, like from acne
What is your favorite product from HD Soap that contains shea butter?