Warmer weather means sandals—but are your feet ready?!
Here are a few tips and tricks to get those perfect piggies!
- Soak your feet in warm water and mix in a little bit of your favorite Salt Scrub, Smelly Salts, Fizzy Salts, a Mini Bath Bomb, or even a piece of a Bath Bomb. Let your feet soak for at least 15 to 20 minutes to soften the skin. (TIP: if you need a place to soak your feet, try a plastic oil pan tray from Dollar Tree!)
- Next, exfoliate off the dead, rough, calloused skin. You can purchase a simple pedicure set (again, check out your local dollar store), buy a cute pumice stone from our gift shop, or even use a household item like a file. Using a little Whipped Pumice Scrub or some Salt Scrub will make exfoliating a breeze!
- Towel off your feet and apply your favorite balm. Our favorites are Lanolin and Lavender or Beard Balm because of their extra skin repair properties! (TIP: make sure you apply balm at least once a day to maintain good moisture and lessen cracking and peeling.)
- Put socks on to help hold in the moisture. Sometimes soaking your feet at night helps because then the balm has all night to absorb into your skin.
- Repeat these steps every few days if necessary.
Enjoy the sun and sandals!