Do you know why sage leaves are good for your skin and hair?
Sage leaves are rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B, and C, and various minerals. Antioxidants help keep your cells free from damage caused by free radicals, which means younger looking skin and hair! Sage also increases collagen production, which helps restore and maintain skin elasticity. This means that anyone with aging skin will want to incorporate sage into their skincare routine.
Sage also is naturally antibacterial, which means it helps with all sorts of skin issues. It also helps balance the oil levels of the skin. These are excellent qualities for those who deal with breakouts or oily skin. Not only that, but sage leaves also have astringent properties that clean the skin. Sage is rich in carotene, which means that it may naturally diminish scar tissue.
Many people use our Sage Toners on their faces, but you absolutely need to use it on your hair too! Sage leaves have been used for thousands of years to fight baldness and hair loss. In fact, sage encourages new hair growth. Sage leaves also are known to help with overall hair health; enjoy thicker, stronger, and shinier hair. You can also spritz it on to help with a flaky scalp!
Sage leaves are also known to help darken grey hair and even deepen and enhance brown and black hair. This ingredient also acts as a detangler and softens the hair to make it more manageable for easier styling.
- Spritz on your face after working out or when you are overheated
- Freshen up your armpits and naturally deodorize
- Are you feeling nervousness, stressed or anxious? Spritz into the air for aromatic benefits.
- Sage can also help with fatigue and tiredness, so try our toner to freshen up and feel more alert.
- Sage leaves may even help with headaches due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties.
This is an amazing ingredient and we would love to hear how you are using our Sage Toners or our Rosemary and Sage soap that is available seasonally.